The Trumann Area Chamber of Commerce is the principal business-driven leadership organization designed to enhance the quality of life and economic prosperity of our community through the development of the civic, commercial, agricultural, industrial, and economic welfare of the City of Trumann and its neighboring areas.
Trumann Area Chamber of Commerce, a non-profit organization founded in 1963, operates under the direction of a Board of Directors as set forth in the By-Laws (found here).
Each year 5 members of the Board retire and 5 new members are elected. Officers of the Board consist of a President, Secretary, and Treasurer. The Executive Director, Mayor, and Superintendent of Schools are ex-officio permanent members of the Board.
The Board meets on the second Thursday of each month at Couch’s Log Cabin BBQ at noon. Each quarter we have a Stakeholder’s meeting where all chamber members are invited.
The Chamber promotes a number of activities and annual events in the community:
- sponsors the General Membership Meeting and Annual Awards Banquet
- sponsors the Honor Graduate Reception
- offers the Floyd A. Smith Memorial Scholarship to a graduating senior
- sponsors the Wild Duck Golf Tournament
- sponsors the Wild Duck Disc Golf Tournament
- sponsors the Wild Duck Festival
- sponsors the annual Trumann Christmas Parade
- hosts Ribbon Cuttings and Grand Openings for all businesses and organizations
- sponsors Business After Hours receptions
- sponsors Shop Local Campaigns among community merchants
- markets and promotes member organizations through social media and the chamber website
- annually surveys businesses and industries regarding recruiting, wage information, and to identify needs and concerns
- works with Trumann Industrial Development Corporation to assist existing and new industry through its Business Retention and Expansion program
- supports Trumann Schools programs and activities
- supports local organizations and their projects
- cooperates with the City on community development projects and programs
- maintains the Chamber website with Chamber & City information
- promotes programs that enhance civic service and pride
- recognizes businesses and industries that reach milestones in service, records, and years in business
- supports the Sims-Talbot Adult Education & Workforce Development Center
For More Information Contact
James R. Sowell, Executive Director
Trumann Area Chamber of Commerce
PO Box 215, Trumann, AR 72472
O: (870) 483-5424
M: (870) 483-3406